This is a blog about lists. Lists of things I like, things I don’t like, recipes, maths problems, things that make me angry, and many more lists.
Ten Things About Me
- am a maths teacher – I teach GCSE maths in a Further Education college to students who failed it when they were at school. I love maths and try to inspire the same passion in my students, generally with little success.
- I love cats and I have a tabby cat called Custard.
- I joined the Labour party on the day that Jeremy Corbyn became leader of the party
- I am a mother to two sons.
- I am married to an Albanian man.
- I live in Gloucestershire.
- I speak fluent Italian because I spent 10 years teaching English in Italy.
- I am a vegetarian.
- I used to weigh about three stone more than I do now. I lost the weight a few years ago, first with the low GI diet and then with the 5:2 diet which I still follow in order to maintain the weight loss and also because of the many health benefits. I also do exercise videos at home to tone up and keep the weight off.
- I only have one kidney. The other one was removed ten years ago along with a large benign growth called an angiomyolipoma which weighed about 2kg .