Today is International Happiness Day. There are a lot of things going on in the world and in the UK that make me unhappy so I thought I’d take some time to make a note of the things that have made me happy today.
- My husband brought me breakfast in bed this morning. It was eggs and mushrooms on toast with a cup of green tea. It is a habit of ours that I bring him breakfast in bed every Saturday and he returns the favour on Sundays.
- I took my children geocaching today and we actually found three caches! We are relatively new to geocaching and we are not always so successful. Last time we went we didn’t find anything.
- I made rice pudding in the oven with lots of cream and freshly grated nutmeg. It was delicious.
- After the children have gone to bed I will be settling down to watch The Night Manager on BBC1. It is a gripping drama and if you haven’t seen it you really ought to. I’ve been looking forward to it since last Sunday evening.
- There are only four working days next week because Friday is a holiday.
Have a happy International Happiness Day everyone!