Early Bird has set up in competition with the other better known company that delivers healthy snacks through your letterbox. The disadvantage of Early Bird is that the box doesn’t actually fit through a standard letterbox, unless your postman is willing to spend some time turning it to get it at the right angle. Sometimes I find it on my doormat. More times I find a little card on my doormat to say it is waiting for me at the sorting office.
An Early Bird box contains five little snacks – one for each day of the working week – and 2 tea bags. Here’s what I found in mine this week.
- Lost Your Marbles. This snack contained hazelnuts, almonds, cranberries and white chocolate coated blackcurrants. A lovely sweet treat!
- Margherita Rustica. This contained almonds and rice crackers with a tomatoey herby coating. I liked this one as I don’t like too many sweet things – I’m very fond of savoury snacks.
- Rhubarb Winders – This snack contained Rhubarb, almonds and orange cranberries. This was my favourite. I’ve never had dried rhubarb before and it was amazing! I need to find somewhere I can buy bags of dried rhubarb.
- Strawcherry Jam. This consisted of cranberries, strawberries and cherries. This was very sweet. I would have preferred some nuts or seeds in there with the dried fruit as it was just a bit too sickly.
- Fudge Snacker Shot. This one was sultanas, chopped dates, sunflower seeds and little cubes of fudge. A delicious combination.
- Mint lime tea. Very refreshing.
- The Elvis Tea. Not sure what this had to do with Elvis (maybe it was the king of teas?) but it did taste very special.
My Early Bird box also contained a ShareCode. I’m not sure what you get if you enter this code on the website. Try it and let me know. The code is judy9329 and the website is EarlyBird.